We are excited to build a team of dynamic, faithful, hopeful, humble, loving, blessed, cape wearing, spandex sporting, heroic, utility belt donning counselors and staff for Catholic Junior High Camp. Want to be a part of it?
- Counselors must be going into at least 10th grade in the 2018-2019 school year, but many college students and beyond often volunteer.
- Being a counselor means being in a partnership with one or more other counselors in a cabin with 10-12 middle schoolers. Counselors are responsible for campers most of the day with some built-in breaks.
- Counselors should be comfortable sharing the faith, supervising campers, working in a staff, and building with friendships with staff and campers.
- Counselors need to attend a day retreat for training and bonding on Sunday, June 17 leading into the week of Camp from Monday, June 18 to Friday, June 22.
- Counselors must be trained in Safe Environment (and background checked if 18 or older) before going to Camp.
- Counselors meet multiple times each day and are supported by the professional youth ministers staffing the camp. This experience will challenge and fill you up. Come open to God’s work, and you will be clay in the hands of the master potter in your work as a counselor.
- Here’s what you need to know to apply to be a counselor:
- A link to the counselor application is below.
- The deadline for applying is April 2.
- Applicants will be contacted by Camp Staff by mid April.
(under 18 counselors)